This is Lincoln so excited for the date that he and I went on. We decided to go horseback riding. Lincoln was so excited to be able to wear the helmet because it is just like the people that ride the horses on TV. I brought his cowboy hat but the guy incouraged me to put the helmet on him. Oh well, maybe next time.
Lincoln was in front of me and he was on a horse named buster. I was on a horse named Bess. Buster was pretty good at following the other horses but Bess was pretty interested in walking over tall bushes to rub her belly and walking into short trees to try to scratch her sides. She also liked to stop and grab leaves off the trees to eat.
We went in a group of 11 people. There was a family from Phoenix and a family from Gilbert and Lincoln was the youngest. The trail was pretty fun. (minus the powerlines in full view) They showed us different pits that people had dug to find gold, but they stopped after about 5 feet down if they didn't find anything and then just left the pits open. This area probably wouldn't be the best place to play capture the flag with all the pits, cactus and snakes. It was really fun and I definately plan on doing it again. I might try another company a little further in the canyon so that we don't have to have every picture show power lines. We ended our date with pancakes at Village Inn and then heading over to the Mesa-Gilbert Airport where we watched 4 marine jets gear up and take off. I love having dates with my kids.






6 comments:
Sounds fun! Enjoy those dates while you can!
You are such a fun mom!
Love the horse ride date. The horses sound very interesting and the scenery is amazing. So glad you could go do that with Linc. Hope there are many more dates this fun.
I so love that you did it with Linc!!!
ACK!!! You must tell me where you went! Just today Isaac asked me to horseback riding ....
that looks awesome!
Post a Comment