Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The going ons outside my house.

The above video clip is of a couple birds that snip off my flowers and eat something off the end and then throw my flowers on the ground.  I think it's a little strange but whatever makes them happy. 


This is Sammy.  We have decided to name every lizard in our backyard Sammy because Sammy can be a boy name or a girl name and we aren't sure of the gender so we have made it easy on ourselves.



This was on day when it was raining like crazy.  I could not believe how fast the place feels up with water.  If you enlarge the picture, you can see the rain coming down at an angle.  Pretty crazy.


 This is another picture of the rain.  Pretty soon after this the road was a river and the park was the lake.  It's nice to get rain like this to clean the dirt off the sidewalks.  I have never seen anyone spray the sidewalk off like we did growing up and I haven't seen anyone wash their car at home but I being the rebellious one that I am did wash my car out front, I will probably get fined from the community, oh well, my car is clean.  It must have something to do with living in the desert and conserving water.  hmmm!


Over at the park is a big blue dumpster that they bring out to put all the grass shavings in for the park.  They cut the grass as short as they can and rake up all the shavings and put them in the dumpster.  Then they seed because the rhye grass that they use for the summer can't handle temperatures in the 60's and will go dorment.  The new seed is already coming up and should look really good in a couple weeks.  I thought I would share this because I have never seen or heard of this before.  The things people do to have a good yard.  I think it's great!

2 comments:

Life as Linds said...

Holy Moly! That is a ton of water! Did you go out and play in it? I would have been out there splishing and splashing away!

Zeann said...

What an interesting view of your outside. Do you think those little birds help with the fertilizing of the flowers or just have a thing about picking them? We sat and watched little birds pick and eat the sunflower seeds and spit out the shells one day. I love the beautiful flowers we are looking at the rain through. How nteresting.