We aren't used to having Veterans Day off with school so we weren't quite sure of what to do. I decided that we should go to the parade after our morning run.
It was really fun. We were able to see lots of bands, jeeps, scouts, soldiers, fancy vehicles and airplanes that flew by. This picture below (blurry) that has a beauty queen in it caused a lot of ruckus. The older men sitting by me whistled as loud and as much as they could at this lady more than they did with the veterans and the ladies sitting on the other side of me wanted to know why this queen was getting
so much praise because she obviously didn't fight in a war. It was pretty funny to be between the two groups and hear what they had to say.
Loud Sirens!
Below people are carrying flags that have the men and women who gave their lives for us this last year from AZ. I couldn't believe how many of them there were. This went clear down the street. Everyone stood and clapped really loud. Neat experience.
I had to get these guys because they looked like they were straight out of a commercial from the 60's with their big cheesy smiles waiving. Very fun!
Afterwards we went over to Sweet cakes bakery for a cookie and headed home. Of course Lincoln said, we've wasted half the day now. He would rather sit at home. That is what we did for our first Veterans Day off. I hope that everyone took a few minutes to remember those who have served for our country. We have 3 family members that served as well. A BIG THANKS to grandpa Ellis, Travis and Brock. Wooh-hoo!






1 comment:
What a great thing to do on Veterans Day. I hope eventually as the kids grow up they at least remember somebody des fr the life we have. I liked that parade better than Macy's.
Post a Comment