Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Part of the group


Lincoln, my most favorite son ever is making a change. This whole moving 3 times in one year has gotten to us a bit and sadly enough it has gotten to my Lincoln a little more than the rest of us. He left a wonderful neighborhood full of children his age that he thinks about often and that he wishes he could go visit constantly. We basically bought this current house because of the park across the street assuming that would bring some friends around.

We of course aren't from here so we didn't know that people don't play outside in the winter 50-70 degree weather because it is too cold, which is when we moved in. We also didn't know that on the exact street that we moved to, there are no children Lincolns age. Lots of kids are 2 and under or 10 and over. Let's just say, it's been really hard for a mom to watch her child be lonely.

Lincoln is also a little more imaginative than other kids and likes to wear costumes and pretend fight with the air. Some may think it is strange, I say it's fine, he is having fun and besides all the kids he used to play with did it so I guess it would be normal for his age.

This past week Lincoln has been hanging out at the park and I started noticing that these older boys have invited him to play with them. He has been playing football, Star Wars fighting and today was a big game of kick ball. WOW! They are so nice to him and have helped him to feel like part of the neighborhood. They didn't even care that he was wearing his flourescent swim goggles today to play kick ball. What a blessing to finally see him so happy. I snuck outside and video taped the kick ball game from my front porch so it's not very close but I didn't want to embarrass my son. Anyway, this is such a humongous milestone in our life that I had to share it with everyone and also I wanted to Thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, they were truly felt and also for my ever Loving Heavenly Father for watching over me and my little family. I guess it's true that you have to have a little bad to know what good is.

Lincoln is in the turquoise shirt running the bases.

5 comments:

terrah said...

Oh Timmerie, that is so great! I hope it keeps up and everything just keeps getting better and better!

Katrina said...

My eyes are tearing up - I'm so happy for him!

thezenesfamily said...

That is awesome! I am so happy :) to hear of his new found friends. What great boys! I can tell you that the neighborhood misses Linc too. Just the other day one mom, came to me and said her girl came home crying. She missed Lincoln and wished he still lived here for her to play with him! You are always in our thoughts, Jensens!
PS: Carter says to tell Linc, his skateboard RoCkS!

Jan DeGiulio said...

So glad things are going well! Loved the kickball video.

Simper Family said...

Oh I am so happy for Lincoln!!! That makes such a big difference to feel like you fit in and have friends. YAY!