Saturday, March 13, 2010

Super Something

Lincoln has decided that with all of his costumes he is going to make a different hero each week. He has also decided that all of the creations shall have the same name.
The name shall be MIX-RYE! This is the first weeks super hero. As you can see, he has put a lot of thought into creating this.
This is Mix-Rye testing out his super powers on Doug. It's obvious that Doug is no match.

Lincoln has been telling us for the past couple of months that he really needs glasses. He even took Doug into the Walmart optical and picked out some blue Super hero frames that he was sure that he needed. (Ssshhh, I think they were Hannah Montana) Doug was beginning to fill the pressure and started checking prices at the optical centers. Luckily, while Lincoln and I were on our date last week, we found these really handsome glasses at Claires. They were only 8.00. Bargain! We bought both him and Brinley a pair and I do believe that was money well spent. He feels that he can see better and he wears them to school. I am asked to clean them often with my special glass cleaning cloth. School picture day was last week and I did let him know that he may want to take them off because of the glare. Wheeew! He told me that he hid them behind Zachary. Lucky us! Anyway, these are my silly happy kids in their fancy glasses. I believe I could make the below pictures black and white and he would look just like he belongs on My Three Sons. (hee, hee)



6 comments:

Zeann said...

What a mom. You do the funnest things. When I had to have glasses and was Linc's age my teacher had to make me walk home every single to get them because I was so embarrassed to wear them. I don't think they lasted till the second grade and the folks gave up they weren't about to put money out for more glasses. I couldn't get a drivers license without them though so started another round. Love you all

Jan DeGiulio said...

Fun post - fun kids!

Life as Linds said...

LOL! They are such funny kids. What great imaginations! That's nice of you to get him the glasses. I think he is right, it really completes the superhero outfit.

thezenesfamily said...

O Linc, how we do miss you! And of course Brinley too! I just got your wonderful drawings in the mail. You are both so talented! And of course if you are thinking of my animals and missing them.... it can be arranged for them to visit you!!!!!!! :) Miss you guys!!

Staci said...

Love, LOVE the glasses. I've always wanted a fake pair just for those days when I want to look extra sophisticated. I might stop by Walmart today :)

The Harding Hive said...

Very cute! I always wanted glasses when I was a kid. And I love the Super Hero. It is funny, because you left a comment on my blog about how Brinley and Austin would play together well. And as I was reading about this cute little super hero, I couldn't help but think that he & Olivia would really hit it off well. Cute cute kids.