Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mesa Temple

Mesa Temple


Life Size Nativity Wisemen

kids sitting by an orange tree

kids posing by an orange tree on a large petrified log

Lemon tree

Very small grape size orange fruit tree (not sure what type of fruit)

Palm trees
Cactus garden
It was really fun and interesting to go see the lights at this temple. It was very crowded and there were lots of lights however, I haven't figured out how to take pictures of Christmas lights. I was amazed at all the fruit trees and really wanted to take some fruit off the trees but it just didn't seem right to steal from the temple. I did however get pictures of the fruit trees because coming from Utah, oranges and lemons come in a box or bag. To actually have them on a tree was crazy and the people walking past me as I was taking the pictures of the trees probably thought that I was a little crazy as well.

7 comments:

Jan DeGiulio said...

Love all the pictures! It looks like you are settling in and having fun. GOOD FOR YOU!

Staci said...

So fun. We still haven't been this year. It really is a beautiful temple. Different....but beautiful.

Zeann said...

No clue what the little orange things are but wonder if they are what Grandma Ellis grows called kumquats or something like that. If you just grab one and eat it it is bitter but if you roll it between your hands for a minute to get it all stirred up then pop it in and bite it they are pretty tasty (don't peel). Can't wait to find out what they really are.

Zeann said...

So glad you are keeping uo the blog. Love seeing life through your eyes and watching the kids. Love you

Jer + Lu said...

What a neat experience!! I love the pics of the fruit trees!-- I, for one, have never seen them before, so thanks!

Jason and Ashlee said...

The Mesa Temple is a little different, but still so fun to see the lights on palm trees. It was so fun to see you guys on Christmas.

sdaguilar said...

So cool! Love the citrus trees!