Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Findings for the name Brinley

I thought this was kind of funny being that I live in Utah and have a daughter named Brinley:

Commentary on the name Brinley:
Never heard of the name Brinley? You must not live in Utah. The state is a naming world unto itself, and while the rest of the country wasn't looking Utah parents made Brinley a major in-state hit with multiple popular spellings. The spelling Brinley gives it surname style, while Brynlee is more like a composite name ("Katelynne") that emphasizes the nickname Bryn.

The meaning of the name Brinley is Burnt Meadow

The origin of the name Brinley is English

2 comments:

Alexander Family said...

I am glad you posted the meaning of Brinley. I derrived Brinlee's name from a boys name in the baby book "Brindley" & "Brin". Little did I know that it was a common name. Come to find out the jewlers that we bought my wedding ring from had a daughter about my age named "Brinley" . They lived in a small town and alot of little girls were named "Brinley" after her. Anyways, it is a good name. :) -Suzanne

Zeann said...

So fun to have meaning to her name.