Saturday, August 8, 2009

Camping with friends 2009

This weekend I was able to gather a few of my old friends for an overnighter camping trip. It was so fun to see everyone and their families.

These friends go back about 15 years and we all met from a young adult ward. We have traveled from Florida to California (and between) and to Hawaii together and have had a blast doing things like camping, running rivers, snowmobile, cross country ski, spelunk, hike, kayak, snorkel and just plain have a lot of fun.

We have watched each other grow in our own personal ways such as finishing school, getting married, becoming parents and bringing additions into our circle of friends.
It was great to see everyone again and to be able catch up with what we have missed as well as bringing up our crazy old stories and just being able to chat with one another.

Thanks Friends


5 comments:

Zeann said...

Looks like a wonderful reunion even if the weather did decide to take a dip. Everyone looks wonderful and all the little ones are so cute. Glad you were all troopers. Love you all

The DeGiulio's said...

That is so fun!!! I hope that some day we have friends like that. Where we go on fun trips together and still keep in touch.

Jan DeGiulio said...

It looks like a great camping trip! So nice to have fun friends

Janis Rowser said...

How fun is this. I am horrible at keeping in touch with old friends. I admire you for this hard work and dedication to your friends. Looks like you all had a great time.

Janis Rowser said...

LOL... oops this is your niece Mandy, I am on my mother in-laws computer and didn't realize she was still logged in... lol sorry for any confusion.