Lincoln has been working in Karate for the past 3 months to get his yellow belt and he tested for it this last week and passed.

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about putting him into Karate because I didn't want him in trouble for practicing on his school mates.

It turns out that they are pretty strict about anybody using Karate when they shouldn't and the parents as well as teachers have to sign papers for behavior. They also have to see your report card not only for learning grades but also for character grades. The kids take it to heart and work really hard for their belts.

The above pictures are the class doing their beginning warm ups. They do lots of push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, crunches and running. They are not aloud to talk in class and they have to say "yes sifu" everytime the teacher talks to them.

This is Lincoln testing in front of the Grandmaster, 3rd Degree Black belt and a Junior Black belt. He did really well. He wasn't nervous at all, in fact he was excited to test.

This is where they remove their white belts which have black bands on them for all the times that they have shared something during class. They learn public speaking as well.

This is Lincoln in his stance ready to recieve his yellow belt.


And here he is, a yellow belt with his teacher, Sifu Mehdi.
Good Job Lincoln!
4 comments:
Wow, what an accomplishment! That's awesome that you found such a great place and that he's enjoyed it so much!
That is so awesome! It sounds like it is such a great opportunity for him to get to do something that is all his own! Good for him!
I have a story I would like to share....If you don't mind.
When I was around 14 I had a friend that took karate. It was invite a friend night and she brought me along. I figured it would be silly and fun.
During the class I decided it wasn't for me....because of this one issue I had. The master dude came over to me and got in my face and said "When I say, HI AH! I expect to hear from you. Scream as loud as you can!" I was horrified! He made me scream a couple of times to his face to practice because I would almost whisper it. I thought everyone else looked ridiculous screaming.
I am sure that you know this by now.....
#1 I am socially awkward
#2 I am freaked out by people with authority. (including anyone older than me)
#3 I am not a loud person in public
Therefore this did not work for me. At the end I told him I WOULD NOT scream and I WOULD NOT sign up. I honestly feel as if he wasn't saddened by this.
Anyways, I haven't thought about that for a long time, but your post made me remember it. This was truly random, lol....have a wonderful week!
This looks AWESOME. I may have to look into this ....
Congratulations Linc! You are awesome!
Post a Comment