Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day






I had a great mothers day this year because for some reason it was stretched into mothers week.
Tuesday my family took me to dinner and Lincoln told everyone that it was my choice because it's mothers day. Ixtapa was really good, I would suggest it to anyone who likes real mexican food.
Thursday, I got to go to Moms and muffins with Brinley at preschool. She colored on a placemat for me and served me a mini muffin and some (strange) red punch. She also had a cup with a marigold plant in it for me.
Friday, Lincoln brought home my mothers day gift from school which was in a brown bag decorated so nice and inside was a Mom keychain that he colored and some bath salts that had quite the aroma. There was a folded up paper inside with mothers day coupons and yes, I have already used one. Click on the above picture to read the coupons, they are pretty funny. He also created a card for me and he put fancy scrunched up papers in the bottom of the bag. Very cute! Oh yes, he also gave me his homework for mothers day.
Saturday we had Dougs family over for a mothers day dinner and it was great to spend time with them.
Sunday, Lincoln got up and made me breakfast in bed with the help from his dad. I got a slim-fast (which is a full breakfast in itself) and two slices of toast with jam and a half bowl of granola cereal. He made it all the way up the stairs without spilling it. Yay!! The family gave me a card and it had a portion to cut out and hang on the door so Lincoln took care of setting that up for me. I think I like the door hanger best. Then he took my tray and went downstairs with dad and they did the dishes. How is that? At church I received many more mothers day gifts from the kids and also a cute plant to put out in the yard. Like I said, this mothers day lasted all week. It was great! My gift from my family is actually a fitness watch that I have been wanting for over a year, I need to go pick it out of course and I am so excited. Sunday afternoon we went to my brother Shaynes house for dinner and had grilled chicken that was wonderful. Thanks to all for making my *week* so special.

1 comment:

Jer + Lu said...

You scored big time with a whole WEEK of festivities! I love Ixtapa too :)