Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's a warm day in Utah!

Behind the house at the lake

Family skipping rocks

Brinley looking for fish

Lincoln checking out the view

Little birds nest we found out in front of the DI.
I had to take a picture, it's about 9-10 feet up in the tree.
Today was such a nice day and so needed. We have been waiting for the nice weather and now it has arrived. I sat out back for quite a while watching all the different birds, which is a new hobby for me. It's amazing to see how many different kinds there are. We have about 5 nests in our trees, finches, robins, morning doves and I don't know the others but it sure is great!
The above picture is of a Robins nest that is in our cedar tree. Katrina took that picture on Easter day. The eggs are beautiful.

8 comments:

Jan DeGiulio said...

I'm glad you had a great day! It was perfect to be outside and your new home is in such a great location to have fun!

The DeGiulio's said...

It was a beautiful day! I hope it stays good for a while, no more rain and cold. Thats so fun there are so many nests in the tree's.

terrah said...

How fun that you are so close to the lake! We'll definitely miss easy access to feeding the ducks when we move!

Zeann said...

What a perfect place to be. It is so lovely around there and there are so many places walk. The pictures are great. Love you

Staci said...

Those eggs are so pretty. They're so pretty they look fake! I'm so glad the weather is warming up for you guys. It sounds like it was a long, snowy winter.

Alisa said...

Yes isn't this weather marvelous - and WAY over due??? So happy that you love your new home, neighborhood, and awesome lake-view :] Also happy to see that Linc has found some Light Saber buddies!

thezenesfamily said...

Awesome! I am glad to hear you are a bird watcher!Now when my paernts visit, I will send my dad to your house! LOL! He wants me to pick up a book on Utah birds so he can determine who is who the next time he visits! So... what do you need fixed around your house while he is there?!!!!??? LOL! :)

Jer + Lu said...

Yah for spring! I love seeing all the birds' nests too! One year we had one built in the wreath on our front door! It was crazy-- we got to watch 4 little eggs hatch, see the birds get their feathers, then fly away! So cool :)