Saturday, July 19, 2008

The annual Ellis Reunion





Talk about fun, this year was really fun in Idaho for the reunion. We were able to visit with everyone and just relax a lot of the time.

We had to add some Aguilar spice to the party however and that is what keeps it alive.

On Thursday evening, Grandpas neighbor friend Erin took some of the guys fishing on the river and of course, Shayne came home with a fish hook in his finger. Everybody offered their advise and Monique offered to pull it out, (Shayne wouldn't let her because he didn't want her to hurt herself) and finally Doug tried to cut it out and they just couldn't get it. Luckily Grandpa has I think 5 doctors in his ward so they called one of them to come over and pull it out. After numbing it up, and some surgical equipment, it came out. Shayne got to get a tetanus shot the next day. On Saturday, Josh, well I'm not quite sure about Josh's story, he said he was still working on a good one but he apparantly cut his ankle open on a bed and had to go in for 8 stitches. We keep the doctors busy with these reunions.


As for the reunion itself, Of course Rons yard was beautiful as always and the food was great. We had dutch oven cooking with lots of extra fancy ways of cooking or preparing food this time. We had a very short meeting on Friday night with only the Ellis siblings telling about their families instead of each family speaking. This was enjoyable, then we ended up going back to houses and talking with each other until really late.


On Saturday, we of course had the great fish breakfast and chicken in a barrel for lunch. We had the annual duck race, craft time, candy rocket and water play. It was a very fun long day and very enjoyable.


I'm so glad that our family is still willing to come to these reunions each year so that we can spend time together.

4 comments:

Zeann said...

You do such a beautiful job and have done so again. I will always get a tickle every time I think of beautiful Brinley and Lincoln jumping on the tramp, just leisurely bouncing up and down watching everything going on and Brinley's golden ringlets rippling in the sun. What a cutie.

The kids on the slide were fun as well, all those little kids just spending the day going up and down with no one telling them what, how, when, and where they just were in a world of their own and loving it.

Thank you Timmerie for posting it, for all you do so quietly, and all you are. I Love you

Staci said...

We loved it too! I think we're so lucky to be part of such a wonderful family. Have you planted your trees yet?

Quinn and Ashley said...

It was great seeing you all at the reunion. It always is a great time when the family gets together.

Jason and Ashlee said...

It was so fun to see you guys and catch up. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I love the pictures you have. I didn't get very many this year.