Monday, August 9, 2010

School Days

Today is the first day of school for Lincoln and Brinley.  They were so excited for the big day.  Brinley put her clothes out on her bed Sunday morning.  I set their alarms to wake them up at 7:30 and Lincoln was up at 6:00.  Brinley was up at 7:00.  Brinley could sleep in until 10:00 if I let her.  No need for alarm clocks today.

I asked Lincoln if I could take a picture of him before school and he came downstairs in some shorts from 2 years ago that hit him about 5 inches above the knee.  We went over what were his school clothes and what were his play clothes.  He said: how about we pretend like tomorrow is the first day of school and I will wear these today and tomorrow I will wear new clothes?  I said: How about you get upstairs and get those shorts changed right now or it won't be a good day.  He changed his shorts just like I asked so I can't complain.  (however, I pair their clothes up so that they will have matching clothes when they put them on and he switched clothes so now there are some unmatched clothes somewhere) and yes, Monique, I do need to get over it!  He came down and said, one picture and that's enough.  Ok, here is Lincolns first day of second grade picture.  I know he will have a great day.  He always does.


This is Brinley in the outfit she picked Sunday morning.  I asked her if I could put braids in her hair and she said no, she would like a bun.  Wow!  She really wants to get decked out for her first day.


These are Brinleys cute shoes that I thought would be so fun to wear with  her pink and black outfit.  She has decided that she would rather wear her other shoes. I told her that they don't match.  She doesn't care.  I told her that her white socks would show more than her cute outfit.  She didn't care.  I guess my kids will dress how they want.  hmmm!

These are the shoes Brinley chose to wear, cute but brown with white socks sticking out like a sore thumb and she couldn't be happier.  She looked at the picture and said oooh, those are sooo cute!

Last of all, this is Brinley's backpack.  She is very upset that it is touching her bum.  When we arrived at school she took it off and handed it to me.  It was just too much for her to handle.  I think it's cute and I think that she will have a great day with her cute clothes, fun teacher and new class for her first day of kindergarten.
As for me, everyone keeps asking what I am going to do.  Well for my first day home alone, I am going to take a shower without any kids walking in to ask for a snack.  I am going to sit here with absolutely no noise in the house.  I may clean the house today or maybe tomorrow.  I may even go for a walk all by myself.  Happy day for me!  When 4:00 rolls around, I will pick the kids up, give them a snack and haul them off to karate, bring them home for homework, dinner, showers and bed.

Who knows what I will do next week.  I have a lot of things in mind but I don't know that I have time to do everything.  My big list is to do some family history, help out in the classrooms at school, find a part time job, go swim some laps, jog a few miles.  Have dinner ready on time and the laundry done before anyone gets home.  Wish me LUCK!   

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh, I'm sooooo jealous! That's not fair at all!

That Girl said...

So I'm totally ready for that phase of my life. Pretty sad when it's a good five years away, huh?

I know one thing you can do - take Institute with ME!

Zeann said...

OOOOoooooo Institute sounds great. Did you cry all day? I did when you wnt to kndergarten. Love you

PS Kalie Watts is having a boy and a girl.

Jer + Lu said...

Wow! You made it!! I'll be in the same boat come next week. What a crazy feeling. First on my list? SLEEP!

Zeann said...

Have you done it yet?